Saturday, June 6, 2009

Let's Play Ball!! - Aug 08, 2006


Let's Play Ball

(photo copyright by alan k. freeman)


08/08/2006 - Gotta love that kid's tongue. Think he's gonna catch the ball with it?
It's been a while since my last post. Hmmm.. lets see, the beginning of January me thinks. Oh yes, I looked back at my blog and there it was. I have been a busy bee since then. Life has been moving right along for me, whether I wanted it to or not.

Sometimes, more than not in some of our cases, life throws us a curve ball, and we either learn how to catch it, duck, or get hit square in the front of the head with it. Which one happens to you? For me, it depends if this is something new for me, if it is "old stuff", or if I am in denial...again.

If it is new, and I have not experienced anything like it before, then I was too young to remember what it was anyways. A that point I guess I was at a total loss. After all, what did I have to compare it to? Now I can't use that as an excuse anymore, unless of course, I want to take a trip down Denial Isle. So let's get down to the bare facts.
As an adult, I have experienced enough to rationally know how to handle pretty much any situation, eventually. It is my willingness, or the lack thereof at the time, which would get in my way.

Playing Ball:
While growing up, I used to get hit square in the head... ALOT! Never saw that sucker coming. Then, when I finally did see it coming, I thought it would miss me. For some reason I hoped I was different, and that my life would be blessed, or I was invincible.... can you all say HALLALLUAH!!! That would accounted for alot of the hits. Let me tell you, this chickie-poo did a lot of crying. I was in some-kinda pain for many, many years. I just couldn't seem to get out of the path of that damn ball! And that was what I was trying to do.... get OUT of the path. But they kept on a'coming, no matter where I went.

After several years, I finally learned a trick. I learned how to "duck". Imagine that! I could just duck. Yup, I'd just ignore it, and it would go away! No more pain. No more hits, no more hurt. This idealistic little trick seemed like the perfect solution for me, and for years I practiced it. But eventually, I noticed I was still in pain. Intense emotional pain, like a hole in my soul. I was incomplete. It actually felt like a blackness, a void, an ache in the pit of my stomach, and nothing I did could fill that void.

Now I realize that I have to learn how to catch the ball that comes my way. Chances are, I've already been hit with it at some point in my past, and ducking it will only serve to prolong the inevitable. I know that I, personally, feel so much better taking care of my side of the fence when it is cleaned up. I can't do a thing about my neighbours lawn and the amount of balls they have strewn around. How they choose to play ball is their stuff, and they are on their own path.
You know, as a child I was a tomboy, but a pretty black and blue ballplayer. But these days, I'm not doing so bad. So what do you say?

Let's PLAY BALL!!!

No comments:

Other Places You Can Find Me