Saturday, June 6, 2009

Can Cats Go Thru MenaPaws? - 01/18/2006


Can cats go through menapaws?
 


01/18/06 - I am the proud mom of three female felines. Maizie is the oldest. She is also the aunt of Molly. Lulu is Molly's daughter, and obviously the youngest of the three. I love them all equally, and all three have their own separate personalities.

Not one of my furbabies have ever been outdoors. They sit in the windows, and seem happy to gaze out at the endless flow of people, vehicles and assortment of animals who happen to pass by our second floor apartment.

At night, they cuddle up at the bottom of my bed, beside me, up by my head.... whereever they can find a comfy place to settle their soft supple little bodies, often changing places several times as the night flies by and early morning rolls around. They are a great source of comfort and joy to me, and I can't possibly imagine my life without feline companions in it.

However...... I have never had any one of "my girls" fixed. Now, it's normal and natural for them all to go through their "heat" every now and then.

When Maizie goes through her "heat", it is pitiful. Her back is arched down towards the floor, while her butt-end is sticking straight up. She has this low, sorrowful, pathetic little cry that makes one want to just scoop her up and love her to death, and it makes you feel so sorry for her.

When Lulu goes through her "heat", well, no one ever knows. She is quiet, completely silent about the entire thing, so no one ever knows. Good girl!

Molly..... well, Molly is a completely different story. When Molly hits her "heat", the entire neighborhood knows. She might as well be the spleeniest of women going through her first childbirth with absolutely nil knowledge, completely ignorant about the entire episode, and all drugs disguarded. You'd think the little thing was dying. She whines, and whines, and whines, and whines LOUD and SHRILL, constantly on and off every 5 to 10 minutes for about two weeks straight. Sleep for anyone in my house, which would be me, is a rarety. VODKA, KAHLUA AND BAILEYS TAKE ME AWAY!! Molly literally runs the show. Yup, if the cat in the picture up above where black, that would be my Molly.

As I sit here typing, I can hear her singing her song of lust, that is at this time, falling on deaf ears of any prospective feline lovers, because all the windows are closed. Unfortunately in this case, I am NOT deaf.... at least not in one of my ears, and that's all it takes to keep me awake and sleepless. It would not be so bad if Molly's "heat" were once in a great while. To me that would seem to be the norm. But noooooooooo, not my Molly. She went one, yes, let me repeat that... one week between her last "heat" and this one. Shit! No wonder I am short-tempered these days. This is normal for Molly. She may go a month or two without a "heat", but then it starts all over again. Let's face it, unlike Maizie, Molly is not one you feel like scooping up and cuddling when she is going through this. Quite the opposite. More like, "Shut the F**K UP!!" But of course, that would be useless and just not nice. She can't help it, and I know it.

Actually it is funny how three cats can be so completely different. I have made up my mind, that somehow, I will find the money so Molly will be taking a trip to the vets for snipping. I can only imagine if I am suffering this much, she must be too.

Thanks for listening...

No comments:

Other Places You Can Find Me